Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL got a new option for the Wi-Fi hotspot function, as reported by the Android Police website. Thanks. You can share not only the connection to the cellular network, but also those connected to Wi-Fi. This option is not available on older smartphones from the Mountain View giant.
Once connected to a Wi-Fi network, Google Pixel 3 with an active hotspot is able to share this connection with other devices. Such an option will be useful when, for example, we will use paid Wi-Fi access, where you pay for each device. Then the smartphone can act as a connection splitter for other devices.
Such a hotspot is not new in the Android world. The functions are offered, among others selected smartphones from Samsung, LG or Huawei. In the case of Pixels, however, this is a new feature, because older models, even those upgraded to Android Pie, do not have such an option.
Google Pixel 3 XL – specifications
- 6.3-inch OLED screen with QHD + resolution
- 8-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor from the Adreno 630 GPU
- 4 GB RAM memory type LPDDR4
- 64 GB or 128 GB of data space
- microSD card reader – no information available
- dual 8-megapixel camera for video calling and selfie
- 12.2 Mpix camera with LED diode
- battery with a capacity of 3430 mAh
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS / GLONASS
- LTE modem
- USB C connector
- fingerprint reader
- 158 x 76.6 x 7.9 mm
- 184 grams
- Android 9.0 Pie