Throughout the year 2018, HMD Global held several events to showcase new products to audiences in many different places. The company that currently owns the Nokia brand appears not to have grown tired of officializing new models, and has held a new event to be held on December 5 in Dubai.
Juho Sarvikas, product director of HMD Global, confirmed the date of the event through his Twitter profile, with a promotional image and the hashtag #ExpectMore. The company has not yet confirmed what will be announced at the event, but modifying some things in the image, you can see that teaser shows Nokia 7.1. This suggests that the smartphone will be available for purchase in the United Arab Emirates soon after the event.
Now, it should be taken into account that Nokia 7.1 was officialized last month and can already be found on the official website of the company in the region. Therefore, it seems unlikely that a launch event will be held for him alone. So some people bet their chips on the ad for a new product, and it’s supposed to be Nokia 8.1 , as it had been leaked recently.
- 6.18 “Full HD + (2246 × 1080) screen with 18.7: 9 aspect ratio
- Snapdragon 710 8-core processor (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs)
- GPU Adreno 616
- 4 or 6 GB of RAM (LPPDDR4x)
- 64 or 128 GB of internal storage (eMMC 5.1)
- Support for microSD up to 400 GB
- Dual SIM hybrid (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12 + 13 MP rear camera (LED flash, f / 1.8 and f / 2.2 respectively)
- Front camera of 20 MP (f / 2.0)
- Fingerprint reader
- 3.5mm Headphone Port, Stereo Recording, Nokia OZO
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with fast charging
- Android 8.1 Operating System Oreo
This device should be the international variant of the Nokia X7 unveiled in China , and rumors have already pointed to this possibility in the past . Anyway, we have to wait for December 5th to confirm if this should be the case and see what the price charged for it will be.