Huawei tests the Fuchsia OS system on the smartphone Honor Play, which debuted at the IFA 2018 in the global version . Google has been working on this software for several years. In one of the new commissions appeared on the device with HiSilicon Kirin 970 processor. It is the mentioned smartphone.
The following commit reveals to us that on the smartphone Honor Play managed to launch the Zircon kernel from Fuchsia OS. What is very important, the mentioned smartphone is the first publicly available device on which system tests are carried out. Earlier Google did not allow this. In addition, Huawei is the first partner that has been approved for the project. We can guess that over time there will be more such companies.
Google has been working on Fuchsia OS for a long time. This is a new operating system for mobile devices. For now, however, we still do not know when its premiere will take place. Considering that Huawei was allowed into the project, we may think that the work is proceeding in the right direction. The specifications of the smartphone Honor Play can be found below.
Honor Play – technical data
- 6.3-inch screen with Full HD + resolution (1080 x 2240 pixels)
- HiSilicon Kirin 970 processor from the Mali G72 GPU
- 4 or 6 GB RAM type LPDDR4
- 64 GB of data space
- MicroSD memory card reader with a capacity of up to 256 GB
- webcam 16 Mpix f / 2.0 for video calling and selfie
- camera 16 Mpix f / 2.2 + 2 megapixels f / 2.4 with LED
- battery with a capacity of 3750 mAh
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS / GLONASS, NFC
- LTE modem
- dual SIM
- USB C connector
- fingerprint reader
- 157.91 × 74.27 × 7.84 mm
- 176 grams
- Android 8.1 Oreo with EMUI 8.1