After the official announcement in the first weeks of October , Samsung starts to launch its first smartphone with four rear cameras in new markets, with India being the first country to receive the new quad-cam device in the market.
With premium intermediate hardware, the handset reaches the Indian market with 5.3-inch screen Super AMOLED quality promising vibrant colors and excellent contrast, has the Snapdragon 660 chipset and, there, the A9 will be offered in both memory variants RAM; being available in 6 GB or 8 GB depending on the user’s need.
Regarding the price, Samsung India puts the Galaxy A9 next to extremely interesting flagship smartphones like the OnePlus 6T , the Chinese model’s newest model that boasts competitive price for line tops. While the OnePlus 6T sells for 37,999 Indian Rupees ( ~ $ 1,999 ), the Galaxy A9 arrives for only 36,999 Indian Rupees ( ~ $ 1,945 ).
With these values the margin between prices is extremely low and the user asks: is it better to take an intermediate with Snapdragon 660 and four cameras or a top of the line with Snapdragon 845 and “only” two cameras?
Samsung Galaxy A9
77 x 162.5 x 7.8 mm
6.3 inches – 2220×1080 px
- 6.3-inch screen with FHD + resolution and Super AMOLED technology
- 8-core Snapdragon 660 processor with maximum clock rate of 2.2 GHz
- 6 GB and 8 GB of RAM
- 128 GB internal storage
- Four rear cameras
- Standard lens main sensor with 24 MP and aperture f / 1.7
- Depth recognition sensor with 5 MP f / 2.2
- Sensor with 8 MP, ultra-wide lens of 120º f / 2.4
- Sensor with 10 MP resolution, telephoto lens f / 2.4
- Single front camera with 24 MP and f / 2.0 aperture
- 3,800 mAh battery with quick charge
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- Dimensions: 162.5 x 77 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 183 grams
Prices and Availability
The Galaxy A9 is available in pre-order in the Indian market and deliveries and sales in physical and retail stores will begin of November 28. The device arrives in the country in the colors Caviar Black, Lemonade Blue and Bubblegum Pink. The prices are:
- 6 GB + 128 GB for 36,990 rupees ( ~ $ 1,945 )
- 8GB + 128GB for 39,990 rupees ( ~ US $ 1,900 )
The values in reais are approximate and converted based on the quotation of the day (20) and ignore possible import and overhead costs.