Xiaomi Mi 8 was one of the first smartphones of the Chinese brand that received an upgrade to Android Pie. However, first it concerned only the model from the Middle Kingdom. Now the phone receives an update to the new Android also in the global version. It is updated by MIUI 10.1.1 Global.
Android Pie with MIUI 10.1.1 Global for Xiaomi Mi 8 starts to be made available via OTA, but probably the upgrade process will be in stages. More advanced users can install the software by uploading the appropriate ROM. You can find him at this address . The ROM weighs 1.7 GB.
Xiaomi has made Android Pie available for several own smartphones. Some of them are undergoing beta testing all the time. At the beginning of next year, the update should include Mi Max 3 model . Technical data Xiaomi Mi 8 can be found below.
Xiaomi Mi 8 – technical specifications
- 6.21-inch AMOLED screen with Full HD + resolution (1080 x 2248 pixels)
- 8-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor from the Adreno 630 GPU
- 6 or 8 GB RAM memory type LPDDR4
- 64, 128 or 256 GB of data space
- microSD memory card reader – none
- webcam 20 Mpix f / 2.0 for video calling and selfie
- dual camera 12 f / 1.8 + 12 Mpix f / 2.4 with LED
- 3400 mAh battery with Quick Charge 4.0
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- LTE modem
- dual SIM
- fingerprint reader
- face recognition mechanism
- USB C connector
- 154,9 x 74,8 x 7,6 mm
- 175 grams
- Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI overlay