Xiaomi Redmi 5A debuted on the market with Android 7.1 Nougat. Earlier this year this popular smartphone got an update to MIUI 10 Global. However, it was still based on Nougat. Now, thanks to the next update, it changes and the phone has been updated to the Android 8.1 Oreo system.
Xiaomi Redmi 5A gets Android 8.1 Oreo system with the latest update to MIUI 10 Global Stable. It is marked with a 10.1.2.0.OCKMIFI character string and includes November security fixes. The upgrade available via OTA weighs 1.3 GB. Of course, you can also install them manually. The appropriate file can be found here .
Xiaomi Redmi 5A is one of the most popular models of the Chinese brand. I’m glad that he finally got an upgrade to Android 8.1 Oreo. Unfortunately, its owners should no longer count on updating to Android. The consolation is the fact that Xiaomi Redmi 5A should get next year MIUI 11, which does not hit certain models from 2016 . Below are the phone’s technical specifications.
Xiaomi Redmi 5A – specifications
- 5-inch TFT LCD screen with HD resolution (720 x 1280 pixels)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor with GPU Adreno 308
- 2 GB RAM memory type LPDDR3
- 16 GB flash memory for data
- MicroSD memory card reader with a capacity of up to 128 GB
- 5 megapixel camera f / 2.0 for video calling and selfie
- camera 13 Mpix f / 2.2 with LED lighting diode
- battery with a capacity of 3000 mAh
- Wi-Fi b / g / n
- Bluetooth 4.1
- GPS / GLONASS
- LTE modem
- dual SIM
- microUSB 2.0 connector
- 140.44 × 70.14 × 8.35 mm
- 137 grams
- Android 7.1 Nougat from MIUI 9